When they become engaged in a murder case, the lives of many Monterey, California, moms begin to spiral out of control.
The ensemble cast of the mystery-thriller show gradually reveals its complexities, resulting in devastating plot twists, and its darkly comic tone makes for binge-worthy television.
Based on the novels of Liane Moriarty and written and developed by David E. Kelley, the series has enjoyed a two-season run that has received an impressive number of honors and critical acclaim.
However, season 2 concludes with a sense of finality, leaving the show’s many devoted fans wondering if another season would ever be produced. If you have wondered the same thing, we have your back! Here is what we know about the third season of “Big Little Lies.”
Big Little Lies Season 3 Release Date
Season 3 of Big Little Lies has not been announced by HBO. However, the show’s main cast has repeatedly affirmed that they are interested in Season 3. When speaking with SiriusXM radio presenter Andy Cohen, Nicole Kidman expressed interest in a possible Big Little Lies Season 3.
The debut of the first season of Big Little Lies occurred in February 2017, but the second season was not released until June 2019. Given the two-year production period and the cast’s busy schedules, it is doubtful that a third season will air before 2023.
Big Little Lies Season 3 Cast
The anticipated cast of season 3 is as follows:
- Reese Witherspoon being Madeline Martha Mackenzie
- Kathryn Newton being Abigail Carlson
- Laura Dern will act as Renata Klein
- Shailene Woodley in the role of Jane Chapman
- Adam Scott will act as Ed Mackenzie
- Nicole Kidman will perform as Celeste Wright
- Iain Armitage will perform as Ziggy Chapman
- Alexander Skarsgård being Perry Wright
- Zoë Kravitz in the role of Bonnie Howard Carlson
- Jeffrey Nordling in the role of Gordon Klein
- James Tupper being Nathan Carlson
- Meryl Streep in the role of Mary Louise Wright
Big Little Lies Season 3 Plot
The second season concludes with a legal struggle between Celeste and her mother-in-law, Mary Louise. The former is seen leaving town as the latter is awarded custody of her children.
Bonnie informs the gang that she will admit to the murder of Perry, and the season finale shows her being brought to the police station by the other four women.
The story that has evolved on our screens has long outpaced the source material, so there is no new information to inform our informed guesses.
At the second season’s conclusion, the Monterey Five approached the local police station, where Bonnie was presumed to confess to throwing Perry down the stairs after witnessing him abuse Celeste.
Given that the core “fiction” of the series has been exposed, Season 3 might take various narrative turns. When the program’s third season begins, we may anticipate some great narrative elements and story arcs since its writing has continuously gained accolades.
The implications of Bonnie’s stunning confession are expected to be one of the most anticipated components of a forthcoming third season, which may explore how the confession affects the remaining members of the Monterey Five.
Let’s hope that they continue to get support for a third season so that the female-led cast may have more important parts and tales.
- Hightown Season 3 Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More
- Jack Irish Season 4 Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More
- Rebelde Season 2 Release Date, Storyline, Cast, & Where To Watch
- The Walking Dead Season 11 Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More
Big Little Lies Season 3 Trailer
There is no trailer for season 3 yet. Check the season 2 trailer below:
Where To Watch Big Little Lies Season 3?
Big Little Lies Season 3 will release on HBO and the previous two seasons are available to stream on the same platform.